Monday, April 09, 2007

How I Spent My Easter/Passover Break


Earrings for me!
Originally uploaded by skillj.

I finally got around to making some of these for myself. I used up all the blue glass beads on Isobel's pair, so I used a seed bead mix for mine and of course, sterling silver findings. If you would like a pair, email me at info@gemsbyjewell.com and I will send a paypal invoice for $25.


I also made some more earrings from dyed Mother of pearl sticks:


My friend, Kenyatta, commissioned me to make some pieces for her since she got her first real, grown-up corporate job (she's proffed, tutored and consulted from a home office...kudos to anyone who can make it to their 30's without being a slave to the man...but she did say that it's great to have benefits, and that government benefits are THE BOMB!)
I made this necklace from carnelian, jade and bali sterling.



This necklace I made using the same shell and seed beads as my earrings.



And since I was in the bead store, I picked up another little something for me. These chunky, lovely beads caught my eye and I had to have them. I'm not sure what they are but they are semi-precious stones.


Labels: ,

|