Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Agony of Defeat/Silver Worthy Finish?

Well, I came a tad bit short of finishing the shrug. Let’s face it, I’m just not a monogamous knitter. But I did give it a go. I still have to put on the 6 inches of ribbing around the opening. I’m a little hesitant because I’m not the greatest at picking up stitches. This pattern was definitely a challenge for me. My first time with lace AND the magic loop. And it was tricky for me to knit lace in the round. Since I used LB cotton ease, it’s not as poufy as the mohair. I still like the way it looks though. I went up to a size 10 needle for the ribbing and still used an 11 needle for the lace but had to do a couple additional pattern repeats across the back. I also used a different lace pattern because I couldn’t get the hang of doing yarnovers before a purl stitch. Since I was already having issues with numerous other things, I looked through my handy Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches and decided on the feather lace pattern instead. Oh yeah, and in anticipation of running out of yarn before I finish the ribbing, I swapped with someone on Knitty for another skein of cotton ease which was put in the mail on Friday. And that was the main reason that I decided to start the Somewhat Cowl, because I didn’t think I would be able to finish the shrug this weekend anyway. Well, it was fun…I’m glad I participated. And remember girls and boys, it’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.



EDIT: Here's my medal:

Labels:

|